The Primera LX910 color label printer uses a single CMY dye or pigment ink cartridge. You can use either dye or pigment ink cartridges in this printer simply by popping one out and replacing it with the other. No matter which type of ink you prefer to use, it’s smart to actively monitor your LX910 ink levels so you aren’t caught off guard should the printer run low on ink in the middle of a print run. Here’s what you need to know about ink management on the Primera LX910.
- Get familiar with Primera PrintHub — This utility has several functions including settings, queue, alignment, ink levels, and cost estimator. To access PrintHub, go to Start > Programs > Primera Technology > Primera PrintHub.
- View the ink levels — Three colored bars, cyan, magenta, and yellow, appear on the first tab of the PrintHub, providing you with a visual display of the printer’s current ink level for each color. Not only will a numeric value show you what percentage of ink cartridge capacity remains, the colored bars will shrink as the corresponding ink colors are consumed.
- Calculate your ink costs — Before starting a large print job, take a look at the estimated ink costs for your label in the Queue tab. Not only will you get an estimate per label, which is helpful in budgeting and costing your print runs, you’ll also see how many labels you can expect to print using the printer’s current cartridge. You should then be able to determine if the Primera LX910 ink cartridge has enough ink for the entire print run or if you will need to replace it. For example, if you need to print 100 cannabis labels but the ink calculator says you only have enough ink to print 30 of them, it’s nice to know this in advance so that you can replace the ink cartridge before you get started.
- Low ink warning — If you’re actively managing your Primera ink levels and have spare ink cartridges on hand, a low ink warning shouldn’t be cause for alarm. The low ink warning goes off once the ink level reaches 0 percent. This doesn’t leave you much breathing room, so we recommend ordering extra Primera LX910 ink cartridges so you always have a spare. If you only need to print a handful of labels, you may be able to squeeze a few more prints out of your LX910 ink cartridge. Simply press the Load/Feed button to continue printing. From there, order more Primera LX910 ink cartridges!
- Primera 53492 Dye ink cartridge for LX910
- Primera 53493 Pigment ink cartridge for LX910
- Primera LX910 labels (all the high gloss paper, glossy polypropylene, polyester labels can be printed with the dye ink. For the pigment ink, we only recommend GHS BS5609 chemical labels, matte paper and polypropylene labels. Glossy labels are not recommended with the pigment ink.